The Croquet Association organise a range of national competitions for clubs.
Here is the list of tournaments featuring north west clubs:
The Golf Croquet Inter-Club Championship 2018 (GC)
Bowdon and Culcheth – see GC Inter-Club results here
– 12 May – Culcheth crash out in first round – see CA website report here
– 02 Apr – Bowdon lost 2-4 at home to Nottingham in 1st Round – see report on CA website here
The Mary Rose Inter-Club Trophy 2018 (AC)
Advanced Level, players must have Handicaps of 0 or greater and teams must have a gross handicap of at least 4.
Featuring Bowdon, Chester,
Fylde and Pendle – see Mary Rose results here
– 29 Apr – Fylde lost 2-5 at home to Nottingham in a thrilling 1st Round match – see report on Fylde website here.
– 26 Apr – Pendle beat Tyneside 4-3 in close 1st Round encounter – see report on CA website here.
The Golf Croquet Inter-Club Shield 2018 (The Murphy Shield) (GC)
Pendle and Culcheth – see GC Murphy Shield results here
– 12 May – Pendle disappointment in Durham losing 4-3 – see CA website report here
– 08 May – Ashby beat Culcheth 4-2 in 1st Round – see report on CA website here
The Longman Club Team Cup 2018 (AC)
Handicap play, players must have a Handicap between 3.5 and 20. Teams must have a gross handicap of at least 24.
Bury, Chester, Crake, Pendle, Southport – see Longman Cup results here – 30 Jun – Southport lose out to Tyneside – see report on CA website
– 22 May – Southport knock out Crake 6-1
– 27 May – Bowdon narrowly beat Cup holders Pendle 4-3
– 30 May – Chester beat Bury in ‘local derby’ 5-2 – see report on CA website by John Dawson
The Short Croquet Inter-Club Trophy 2018 (AC)
Entries still being accepted – see Short Croquet results here
The Secretary’s Shield 2018 (AC)
Handicap play for players with a maximum handicap of 20.
Featuring Bury – see Secretary’s Shield results here
In each round, normally one doubles and six single matches are played in a single day by a team of four, but variation is possible – refer to the full regulations for details.