The CA have announced details of a new “National Short Croquet Competition” – details will appear on the CA website shortly and all Club Secretaries have received the information.
- Clubs can enter several teams of four players each and presumably initial matches will be drawn on a regional basis.
- Each match is seven games, over two 75 minute sessions, with a mixture of doubles and singles. So each player gets TWO seventy five minute games per match.
- Each team may have an experienced player of Handicap 8 or above (?)
- Team players are restricted to Handicaps in the range 16 to 24 (?)
- The aggregate handicap of a team must be at least 60 (?)
Closing date for club entries is 23rd April with first round matches to be completed in May.
P.S. Several members of NWFCC have raised concerns about the above specification and we are awaiting clarification.
If you have any queries, please contact any member of the NWFCC Executive.